Dec 5, 2006

Library Trip, Take 5

Here's how popping over to the Library for about twenty minutes turned into five round trips over the course of an hour. It's only a four-minute round trip, but still.

We're a Library family: Janet is the Library director, and the rest of us are active volunteers. So it's not uncommon for any combination of us to go along with Janet after hours to the Library to take care of something. Last night, the combination was Janet and me.

Emmett and I had been working on a Library project at home, too--using iron-on graphics to create official Library T-shirts. The last step (this was Ethan's job) was to turn the completed shirts inside-out and put them in the washing machine for a quick wash before the first wearing. The instructions caution that you should take the shirts out of the wash right away for drying, to make sure no colors will run. Remember that; it'll be important.

Once the shirts were in the washer and Janet and I were ready to go to the Library, that left about twenty minutes to get back and take them out. No problem. Or so we thought.

Round Trip One: I was driving, and when we arrived, Janet realized that she'd forgotten her key chain with the Library key. So back home we went.

Round Trip Two: I had to make some copies for a Library promotion, and I realized at the copier that I had forgotten the special card stock at home. So back home I went.

Round Trip Three: Ethan called and said he was having problems printing out a homework paper. It was getting late, and he was frazzled about it. The best thing to do was go and help him out. So back home I went.

Round Trip Four: When I finally got back to the Library, I remembered that the T-shirts were sitting in the washer. By this time, the boys were in bed or close to it, and they're dangerous around laundry, anyway. So back home I went.

Round Trip Five: To finish up the orginal purpose for going to the Library. After which, back home we went.

So this is aimed at the entire family save Emmett and Muffett, our dog: Ya Goofs!

No comments: