Aug 5, 2006

Unforgettable, that's what YOU are

There have been several new hires where I work, and too often I put off introducing myself. I decided not to make that mistake during a training session that I was delivering the other day. As the room filled with trainees, I stepped up to one man and jauntily offered my hand.

"I don't believe I know you," I said.

He took my hand, but with a look of extreme surprise, and conversation in the room immediately dropped off. Then understanding dawned.

"Omigosh," I said. "Mike!"

I already knew him!

He works in another building, and I rarely see him. I asked if he'd lost weight, and he gamely agreed.

But we were both lying.

It's more likely that this simply marks the start of irreversible mental decline. Not that there's any great height to descend from.

All together now ...

Keith, Ya Goof!

No comments: