Aug 9, 2006

A blight on the Dark Knight

All I've ever wanted for my whole entire life was for someone to give me a free Batman shirt. Last week, it finally happened.

"This doesn't fit me any more," my pal Norm said. "Want it?"

"Yes! Yes!"

"Fair warning, it needs a good washing."

"No problem! Thanks!"

The shirt immediately hit the laundry table and a few days later came out of the washer and dryer with a load of other dark clothes.

It fit me perfectly! I was an associate scourge on evil! A junior juggernaut against crime! A ...

Hey, what's this near the shoulder? And on the chest?!

Marks! Bleach burns!

I asked Janet about them. Yes, I do laundry (and not very well, I'm told), but I hadn't done this load.

Janet's thought was that while on the laundry table, the shirt must have touched a cloth that had some bleach or cleaner on it.

NOOOOOOOOO!

I can only blame myself for not being more careful. Sigh. Now I can't wear it to church.

Keith, Ya Goof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wear it around the house constantly to make up for not being able to wear it nice places!

NB