Jun 22, 2006

Here's what happens to a neck if you pullet

Team EEK! pal David answered Emmett's chicken story with one of his own:

When I was about seven years old, we got some chicks at Easter. We kept them in a cage, and of course they got bigger until my parents started telling me they would have to go.

"No way!" That was my answer. I even took my chicken into the bathroom with me. I kept hold of his neck—switching hands as needed!

One day, I was taking the chicken into the bathroom, and my parents said, "Come on, give us the chicken." They reached for it, but I moved it away. They reached again, and I moved the chicken the other way. "No, no! You're not taking him!" As I moved the chicken this way and that, the head goes one way, and the body goes the other. My parents finally said, "Fine. Keep him."

But it wasn't long before the chickens got bigger yet and went to a friend of ours who worked in a zoo. This zoo actually kept chickens on display. After some time passed, my mom asked how they were doing.

"They're fine!" the lady said, "But there's something funny about this one. It has a really long, crooked neck!"

Dave, Ya Chicken-Neck-Stretchin' Goof!

No comments: