Jun 3, 2006

The Duh-namic Duo

Here's a photo of my new cell phone and its holster on a piece of our new wicker furniture. This could be called a YaGoof Grouping.



YaGoof #1 has to do with the small mud stain on the holster (I know you might not be able to see it). That's a result of its spending part of the night on the floor at Blair County Ballpark. Emmett and I went to the game (er, rainout) last night. As soon as I sat down, I found that my phone and holster were missing. Dang! I only bought it last Saturday and hadn't even made a call on it yet!

I made the long trek to the parking garage to see if it was in the van. No.

I looked all over at home this morning. No.

I stopped in at the Curve office and asked (without much hope) if it could possibly be in their lost-and-found. Yes!

Keith, Ya Goof! And may I add, thank you to whoever turned it in.

YaGoof #2 has to do with the cushion peeking into the picture. We've been looking for new wicker, and Janet found a nice set at Unkel Joe's Woodshed. On display, the set had striped cushions that we didn't like, but the store had a set of flowered cushions that we did like.

But when we got home, we found that the cushions were too small. We hadn't actually seen them on the wicker pieces; we just assumed that everything in stock was the same size.

I found the manufacturer on the web and called to ask for retailers who stocked the correct size. They were very gracious and led me to a retailer in Greensburg who was just as gracious. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked out so well. We received the cushions yesterday. Perfect!

You know, it's kinda nice when a goof leads to a satisfying experience. So where do I direct the honors? My choice is ...

Unkel Joe, Ya Goof! (For not stocking the right size).

P.S. Is there actually an Unkel Joe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there was an Unkel Joe. He died in the early 1980's. His real name was Joe Anderson.