Jun 29, 2006

Attack Ads: That's what we wanna do today

This store flyer caught my eye while going through the paper this morning.

"Quick!" I said to Ethan. "What store is this from?" I covered up the store logo.



"Target," he said.

"Bzzzzzt! Wrong answer!"

But that's exactly what I expected him to say. Doesn't it make you think of the Target logo?

Here's a shot of the whole flyer cover:



That's what I call an advertising goof.

A lot like what happened last night on the episode of Mythbusters (a fun and educational show) that we were watching: The show sponsor was Ford, but the Mythbusters spent the whole show chasing after a 1967 Impala that they wanted to strap some rockets to (long story), and the show even included a vintage Impala TV commercial. Ford has to love the fact that they sponsored a Chevy ad.

No comments: