Mar 22, 2006

More goofs before I even got to work!

I opened the day by breaking a glass bowl (see below). A few hours later, at work, I sent this email:

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Eldred
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:38 AM
To:
Subject: I'm even less fit than usual to be around because ...

... I smell like gasoline. Fair warning. Keep your distance and don't smoke around me.

The story is ... I left home on time to get here for an 8:00 conference call ... But my son (who I drop at school) realized that he forgot his cello ... So I had to go back and get it ... And then I saw my gas gauge was at E ... So I stopped at the convenience store and put the pump handle on automatic while I called Ed and told him I would be late for the call ... And in my hurry to get going, back at the car I somehow figured that the pump MUST be done ... So I pulled out the nozzle... But it wasn't done.

I didn't get any gas on my clothes, but I did step in some of the spill, which I told the store people about.

If the smell bother anyones too much, let me know, and I'll head home and find some other shoes. Or maybe I'll take these shoes outside and work in my socks. No other meetings today besides the call that I missed.

I feel so professional.

-----End of Email-----

By the way, I do know that there are signs on the gas pumps telling you not to leave them unattended. Keith, Ya Goof! And Ethan played a part in this by forgetting his cello! Ethan, Ya Goof!

No comments: