May 24, 2006

The hacker attacks

Ethan has had a cough for several days, particularly in the morning and at night. It's a seasonal thing. On weekday mornings, it's usually just him and me at breakfast, and each day this week his refrain has been, "I'm still coughing."

I'm of the mindset to just let a cough play itself out, but the last time we let a medical complaint with Ethan go, we found out that he didn't just have a slow-healing sprain, he'd had a fracture for two weeks (fortunately it healed just fine.) So I said I would call the doctor.

The doctor called in two prescriptions, and I picked them up this afternoon. Fifty bucks! Even after my insurance! I think it's because we were paying the yearly deductible, so I guess it's a good thing that we haven't bought any medicine yet this year. On the other hand: Fifty bucks for a cough!

And then when I showed Ethan the medicine, he said that he had planned all along to just let the cough play out. So he was just talking to talk and not angling for me to do anything about it? I'm still processing that one.

Ethan, Ya Goof! Take your medicine!

No comments: