Jun 20, 2006

Who's Up for a Chicken Run?

Emmett brought home a friend today. Her name is Henrietta. Emphasis on "Hen." Here's a picture of them together:



Here's an explanation from Emmett, in his own words:

There's this one class at ATOMS Camp (Science Camp) called "Bees and Other Neat Creatures." The teacher gave us the chance to take home either a guinea pig or a chicken. The guinea pigs were all taken, so I got stuck with a chicken. (No offense, all chickens who are reading this.)

By the way, the first day of camp, a different chicken pooped on my shirt while I was holding it.

Anyway, after Camp, when I was waiting for Mom to pick me up, Henrietta escaped from her box. For about five minutes, fifteen people chased after her. Finally, one woman captured Henrietta; she grabbed the box and scooped her up. Then I started walking home.

In front of the elementary school, Henrietta escaped again. I chased it for about ten minutes when another woman came along, and we trapped Henrietta. The woman asked where I got Henrietta, and I explained that she was a science project.

I had no problems the rest of the way back, but before I crossed Penn Street (the main street through town), I whispered to Henrietta, "If there was ever a time not to break free, this is it." When I was on Allegheny Street, Mom finally pulled up. She had gone down to the High School to pick me up and finally found me.

When I got Henrietta home, I made sure she stayed in her box by weighing down its flaps with two books and my Gameboy. We gave her some water out of a cup. I'm not sure what to feed her.

Thanks, Emmett. Now let's recognize some people who make this post possible:

For pooping on Emmett ... Chicken #1, Ya Goof!

For losing Henrietta (twice!) ... Emmett, Ya Goof!

But most of all, for not supplying a nice chicken transport box with a lid ... To the teacher of "Bees and Other Neat Creatures," we say ... Ya Goof!!

No comments: