Jul 31, 2006

This is why we now have to have pre-trip pat-downs

It's time for Camp Grammie. That means taking Ethan and Emmett to my parents' home in Vermont to stay for a few weeks. They get to be spoiled, spend time with cousins and run around the Green Mountains while Janet and I are back here all lonely.

Due to various obligations, Janet didn't come along while I drove the boys up on Saturday and came back on Sunday. After about 200 miles, we gave her a call when we stopped for lunch. Here's a transcript.

Janet: Do you have my car keys?

Keith: Nope.

Janet: What about Emmett? I had him put something in my car just before you left.

Keith: Emmett, do you have Mom's keys?

Emmett: No.

Keith: He doesn't have them.

Janet: Have him check his pockets.

Keith: Emmett, check your pockets.

(rummage, rummage, moment of discovery)

Emmett: Uh ... yeah, I do have them!

Janet found ways to cope.

Emmett, Ya Goof!

No comments: