Apr 9, 2006

These two goofs walk into a restaurant and ...

Emmett and I bonded for sixteen hours yesterday, on a bus trip to Baltimore with a church group. We visited the Mother Church of the United Methodist Church (fantastic acoustics) and the National Aquarium, then had a couple free hours until we had to meet the bus. We used the time to make a YaGoof! field trip to Camden Yards to see the statue of Babe Ruth that famously has him holding a mitt for a right-handed player, though he was left handed.



HOWEVER, I read in Wikipedia that this isn't a goof, because the statue shows Ruth during his days at St. Mary's Industrial School for Boys, when Ruth had no lefty glove, according to his autobiography. Ha!

BUT we still mangaged to snag a goof from the walk, because our plan for a special chowdown at the ESPN Zone near the Aquarium fell apart. We waited about 20 minutes for a table, then decided we were running out of time. So we handed in our buzzer and ended up getting something from ... well, here's your clue:



Ah, well. We'll eat fancy another time. Poor time management. Dad, Ya Goof!

1 comment:

Tery Spataro said...

Emmett, get your Dad to take you to ESPN Zone, in Times Square. It's closer to get and you too can experience ultimate sports lover's sports food delight, not to far from where I use to live in Hell's Kitchen.

I just got back from South Beach for my shipment of McIntyre candies majority are chocolates. I was suppose to save them for Easter Sunday, BUT I torn open the box and had a dark chocolate marshmallow that was fab!! Well that makes me an official Goof!

I am looking forward to reading your book! Thank you!