Apr 22, 2006

Stop me before I review again

I promised to explain why if you don't watch the TV shows American Inventor and 24, you deserve to hear: "Ya Goof!"

First, let me say that since this is a family-friendly blog, I can't encourage kids under 17 to watch 24, because they might find it disturbing. Some over 17 might find the same. It depends on how strong you like your action. Some might just find the show preposterous (including me, but I find that that only enhances the experience).

Secondly, after much drafting and re-drafting of my comments on 24, I find that I'm not much of a TV reviewer. I need to leave that to my fellow blogger Ray Eckenrode. When I try to write about 24, I sound like any other rabid fan, of whom I find growing numbers. I'd rather admit that than post something weak. Sorry. Let me leave it at this: Watch 24. If you're new, I'd start with the other seasons on DVD. It'll only take you 96 hours of viewing (minus time for commercials) to catch up.

As for American Inventor, watch it with the whole family. What an education in what it can take to create a successful product! I tank when it comes to trying to write about that show, too. I can't do it justice. It's simply a treasure. I say that after being involved with product development for many years in a lot of different ways. It's a trip in real life, and it's a trip to watch on TV (granted, TV with enhanced reality). The best I can do is recommend this excellent series of reviews and summaries. It's not too late to start viewing! There's lots of competition left!

Sorry for the weak entry. This makes me say something that I've said before and I know I'll say again: Keith, Ya Goof!

No comments: